Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

I WAS LOOKING AT WHETHER OR NOT I THINK THERE IS A RECOMMENDATION FOR THE

[1. Call meeting to order;]

[2. Receive, consider and act upon adoption of the meeting agenda;]

[00:01:19]

AGENDA ITEM TONIGHT BUT IF THERE IS GOING TO BE FURTHER DISCUSSION ON I'M NOT SURE

[4. Receive, consider and act upon minutes from June 24, 2020 meeting;]

HOW THIS TIES IN AND MAYBE DON YOU CAN WITH A IN ON THIS ON BUDGET INITIATIVES AND BUDGET TASK FORCE OR NICKELS.

>> WELL I THINK WHAT WE COULD DO WITH THIS WE CAN DEAL WITH THE GUIDELINES THIS EVENING.

AND THE ISSUE OF FUNDING IF THE COMMITTEE WANTS TO MAKE A RECOMMENDATION OR THE TASK

[5. Receive, consider and act upon a report from The Woodlands Arts Council;]

FORCE WANTS TO MAKE A RECOMMENDATION ON THE LEVEL OF FUNDING WHAT WE WILL DO IS CONSIDER THAT A BUDGET INITIATIVE THAT WE WILL ADD TO WHAT THE BOARD WILL BE CONSIDERING IN AUGUST.

AND SO WE CAN TAKE THAT AND HANDLE THAT SEPARATELY.

THERE IS REALLY NO NEED FOR THE BOARD TO OTHER THAN AGAIN YOU CAN DISCUSS IT BUT THERE IS NO NEED FOR THE BOARD TO TAKE ANY ACTION THIS EVENING ON THAT PARTICULAR ITEM BECAUSE IT WOULD BE PART OF THE BUDGET PROCESS.

>> BUT THE OTHER THING, IF YOU TAKE A LOOK AT THE SUPPORT MATERIALS THAT WE HAVE FOR THE AGENDA ITEMS TONIGHT IT TALKS ABOUT THE SPECIAL EVENTS TAX AND TALKS ABOUT THE BOARD IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO SPEND THOSE REVENUES.

THEY MAY WANT TO HOLD ON TO THEM AND THE BUDGET INITIATIVE PROCESS IS FINE, DON BUT I JUST WANT TO AND I AGREE DR. SNYDER THAT THIS WOULD BE FOR THE 20-21 BUDGET YEAR.

BUT WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR IS SOME SORT OF AN IDEA OF RECOMMENDING AN AMOUNT THAT

[00:05:14]

WE MIGHT BE COMFORTABLE WITH TO THE BOARD TONIGHT AND JUST SAYING THIS IS WHAT WE THINK.

DOESN'T MEAN WE'RE GOING SPEND IT.

THE MAXIMUM THAT WE'RE WILLING TO GO UP TO IN THIS PARTICULAR DEAL.

ALL DEPENDENT ON THE QUALITY OF THE.

[6. Receive, consider and act upon matters regarding The Waterway Arts District signage;]

[00:11:59]

GUIDELINES FOR A CULTURE FUND PROGRAM.

>> LET ME FINISH UP.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IS ANY PROPOSALS THAT ARE MADE SHOULD COME DIRECTLY TO US

[00:15:25]

FOR RECOMMENDATION TO THE BOARD.

>> YES AND THAT IS IN THE GUIDELINES.

SPECIFICALLY DIRECTS IT TO COME HERE AND THEN FINAL APPROVAL IS WITH THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS.

>> OKAY.

SOUNDS GOOD.

WE'LL GO FROM THERE.

>> SO THERE IS A MOTION AND A SECOND OR DO WE WANT TO RIGHT NOW WAIT ABOUT ANY BUDGET INITIATIVES TO DISCUSS DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION?

>> ARE WE GOING TO DISCUSS BUDGET INITIATIVES DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION? ROBIN?

>> I THOUGHT -- >> ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HAVING AN EXECUTIVE SESSION FOR THIS GROUP?

[7. Receive, consider and act upon any budget initiatives;]

THIS GOOD IS AN ADVISORY COMMITTEE.

IF YOU WANT TO GO INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION CERTAINLY YOU MAY.

>> OKAY.

[00:20:01]

GREAT.

>> WE HAVE THAT ON THE AGENDA NEXT.

>> OKAY.

>> I DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS ANY -- NEEDED.

>> CAN I SAY ONE THING ON THIS?

>> YES.

>> I THINK WHEN ROBIN WAS REFERENCING ONE THING YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT JUST AS A GENERAL PRECAUTION IS BECAUSE THE BUDGET TASK FORCE IS ALSO DEALING WITH

[00:29:15]

THE BUDGET AND BUDGET INITIATIVES IT'S IMPORTANT TO NOT HAVE ANY DISCUSSION THAT IS DUPLICATIVE OF THE BUDGET TASK FORCE DISCUSSION AT THIS MEETING BECAUSE THAT WOULD BRING IN THE FOURTH DIRECTOR AND DISCUSSIONS THAT ARE SUBJECT TO DELIB RANGE BY THE FULL BOARD.

>> NO.

KAREN.

I'M 100% WITH YOU.

THAT IS WHY I HAVE NOT SAID ANYTHING.

THE SPECIAL EVENTS TAX -- >> YOU'RE IN THE CLEAR ON THAT.

>> IT'S NOT PART OF THE BASE BUDGET CALCULATIONS THAT WE'RE LOOKING AT.

I THINK THAT IS OKAY.

>> YES.

I AGREE.

[00:30:01]

DON'T YOU, ROBIN?

>> YES, SIR.

>> OKAY.

I'M NOT GOING TO REVEAL ANY SECRETS TONIGHT.

>> THANK YOU.

>> OH, DRAT! I'M SO DISAPPOINTED.

>> ME TOO.

ANY WAY.

ALRIGHTY.

>> OKAY.

I DON'T THINK THERE NEEDS TO BE A MOTION OR SECOND REGARDING BUDGET INITIATIVES AT THIS TIME.

THEN WE'LL RECESS TO EXECUTIVE SESSION WITH COUNCIL AND AFFECTED THIRD

[8. Recess to the Executive session with counsel, staff and/or affected third parties to discuss matters relating to real property, deliberation of economic development negotiations, discuss personal matters, consult with The Woodlands Township attorney, and discuss funding alternatives and potential agreements with other local, state and federal agencies;]

PARTIES TO DISCUSS MATTERS RELATING TO REAL PARTY, DELIBERATION OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, NEGOTIATIONS, DISCUSS PERSONNEL MATTERS TO CONSULT WITH THE WOODLANDS -- AND POTENTIAL AGREEMENTS WITH OTHER LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL AGENCIES.

WE'RE GOING TO EXECUTIVE SESSION.

COMMITTEE MEMBER, PLEASE CHECK YOUR E-MAIL FOR A NEW LOG IN.

SO NICK, WE LEAVE THIS OR I SHOULD ASK SONIA? DO WE LEAVE THIS ONE?

>> WE LEAVE THIS ONE AND LOOK AT YOUR E-MAIL FOR THE LOG IN FOR THE EXECUTIVE

[9. Reconvene in Public Session; and take action on matters from Executive Session;]

SESSION.

>> THANK YOU.

>> AND IF I DON'T SEE YOU I'LL E-MAIL YOU.

[10. Receive, consider and act upon matters regarding The Woodlands Children’s Museum;]

THERE IS NO ACTION ON MATTERS AND AGENDA ITEM 10 -- REGARDING THE WOODLANDS CHILDREN'S MUSEUM.

NICK WOLDA.

YOU'RE ON MUTE, NICK.

>> SORRY ABOUT THAT.

THIS ITEM WAS REQUESTED BUT NEEDED TO BE PUT ON THIS AGENDA AND I BELIEVE THERE IS A REPRESENTATIVE THAT IS COMING ON.

IS THAT RIGHT, SONIA? YES.

THEY ARE.

>> OKAY.

SO I GUESS ANY FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS THAT WE HAD FROM THE LAST MEETING.

I WAS NOT EXACTLY SURE OF THE AGENDA ITEMS BUT JUST TO CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION.

>> ANGELA.

WELCOME.

WE'RE SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU THIS EVENING.

WANTED YOU TO BE AVAILABLE IF ANY DIRECTORS HAD ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR PRESENTATION AT OUR LAST MEETING.

>> THANK YOU.

>> I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING HONESTLY.

WE WON'T KNOW MUCH UNTIL WE GET THROUGH THE BUDGET PROCESS IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME SPECIFIC QUESTIONS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK.

>> I DO NOT.

>> I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING.

I THINK YOUR PRESENTATION LAST WEEK THANK YOU, ANGELA WAS VERY CLEAR AND CONCISE BUT A LOT OF THE DISCUSSION WILL BE DURING BUDGET SESSION.

[11. Receive, consider and act upon the next meeting date of the Economic Development Committee;]

[00:36:13]

>> AND I WOULD ASK ANGELA IN A BRIEF NUTSHELL BECAUSE THE BOARD MEMBERS HERE DO HAVE A MEETING COMING UP IN JUST A FEW MINUTES BUT ANYTHING CHANGED ON YOUR PLANS? HOW YOU'RE OPENING AND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING AT IN THE FALL?

>> WELL, THERE IS DEFINITELY A PLAN.

LIKE WE ALL HAVE AND THAT PLAN IS THAT WE HAVE TO BE FLEXIBLE AND OPEN FOR CHANGE.

PRESENTLY WE ARE CLOSED BUT OUR SUMMER PROGRAMS ACTUALLY ENROLLMENT IS INCREASING.

AND WE HAVE MOVED FAIRED WITH OUR FALL PRESCHOOL AND FALL PROGRAMMING.

THAT BROCHURE GOES OUT IN THE MAIL NEXT WEEK.

AND WE ARE ACTUALLY GETTING SIGN UPS FOR THAT EVEN BEFORE THE BROCHURES ARE BEING MAILED.

WE'RE HOPING TO OPEN BACK UP IN MID-AUGUST AND WE DO HAVE A COUPLE OF EVENTS PLANNED BUT WE'RE FLEXIBLE WITH FOLLOWING THE MONTGOMERY COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DISTRICT GUIDELINES AS WELL AS THE TOWNSHIPS AND OTHER LOCAL OFFICIALS.

>> WE GREATLY APPRECIATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU'RE DOING FOR OUR CHILDREN AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THE VALUE AND IMPORTANCE OF HELPING EVERYONE STAY HEALTHY AND SAFE.

SO THANK YOU.

>> THANK YOU, DR. SNYDER.

[12. Consideration of items to be placed on the agenda for the next meeting;]

WE REALLY DO MISS THE CHILDREN.

>> WE MISS THEM BEING THERE.

>> AND I DON'T KNOW IF YOU SAW IN THE PAPER OR NOT BUT THE WOODLANDS'S CHILDREN'S MUSEUM WAS A RECIPIENT THE GRANT.

>> I WAS HOPING YOU WOULD SHARE QUICKLY.

>> JENNIFER CROSS IS ALSO WITH US.

SONIA IF WE CAN BRING HER ON JUST IN CASE JENNIFER YOU NEED TO ADD SOMETHING THAT I MISS. UT WE'RE WORKING TOWARDS OUR VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING.

AND WE WILL FOCUS A LOT ON THE ARTS.

>> THERE IS JENNIFER.

>> HI, GUYS.

>> WE'LL FOCUS ON THE ARTS WITH MUSIC AND OUR STANDING SHADOW PUPPET THEATER AND STANDING STORYBOOK THEATER.

AS MUCH AS WE CAN STAY CONNECTED WITH THEM WE'RE TRYING.

>> CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR RECENT FUNDING AND FOR ALL THAT YOU DO AND THANK YOU FOR JOINING US THIS EVENING.

>> THANK YOU FOR HAVING US.

I KNOW YOU'RE BUSY.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

>> THANK YOU.

THERE IS NO ACTION TO BE TAKEN ON THAT ITEM SO THAT WILL LEAD US TO AGENDA ITEM 11 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER AND ACT UPON THE NEXT MEETING DATE.

WE'RE SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 26TH.

IF THAT WORKS FOR EVERYONE.

IF SO DO WE NEED A MOTION FOR THAT, NICK?

>> YES.

>> TO SET A MEETING DATE?

>> YES.

>> YES.

ON THE TOWNSHIP CALENDAR.

>> OKAY.

WE WILL.

NEED A MOTION FOR AUGUST 26TH 4:30.

>> I SO MOVED.

>> SECOND.

>> MOVED AND SECONDED.

ALL THOSE IN FAVOR SAY AYE.

ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE AGENDA FOR THE NEXT MEETING.

IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING NICK WE WILL E-MAIL YOU FOR THE AGENDA FOR OUR NEXT MEETING.

AND THAT BRINGS US -- >> PROBABLY JUST AN UPDATE ON THE SIGNAGE.

>> OF COURSE.

ANYTHING ELSE?

>> CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING RIGHT NOW.

>> THEN FOR ADJOURNMENT DO WE HAVE A MOTION AND SECOND TO ADJOURN?

>> GO AHEAD, JOHN.

>> SECOND.

>> OKAY.

ALL IN FAVOR AYE.

OPPOSED.

MOTION PASSES.

SEE YOU ALL AT 6:00.

THANK YOU, NICK.

AND THANK YOU SONIA.

>> NICE SONIA.

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.